Activism

Selections from “Write A Letter Home” 2010 Census Youth Fresno Campaign

Posted April 27, 2010 by Various

Dear Family, For many years, people of color were not counted as a full person in the United States… The Census gives everyone a voice, after so many years of our people being over-looked, it is time that we are all accounted for.  So please, participate in the Census and have your voice count. -Maria […]

Full Story »

A Day in the Life

Celebrating The Women In Our Lives, In Honor Of Women’s History Month

Posted March 18, 2010 by Various

No One Else Like Her My mom gave birth to and raised eleven children. She is an awesome person, always giving and kind. No one else makes my life as great as she does. She can’t really speak or understand English but she knows that education is the key to a successful future. She literally […]

Full Story »

Community

If An Earthquake Hit Tomorrow…

Posted March 10, 2010 by Various

As communities in Haiti and Chile recover from the damage of recent quakes, The kNOw writers share how family and loved ones become a priority in the wake of natural disasters. Life After Disaster Wow. To be honest, this is hard to write about because it is scary to me. It makes me speechless. Yes, […]

Full Story »

Safe-Zone-Parents-Argue
A Day in the Life

Safe Zone Report: When Parents Argue

Posted March 9, 2010 by The kNOw

Twenty-two youth attended the forum, ten of whom were guests invited by youth from The Know. In a brief survey conducted during the forum:

Full Story »

march4dayofaction2
College

“Students United Will Never Be Divided”

Posted March 5, 2010 by Dasen Thao

I am a freshman at California State University, Fresno. On March 4, 2010, I joined hundreds of other people in a march to advocate for better higher education and stop the budget cuts in our state.

Full Story »