Community

If An Earthquake Hit Tomorrow…

Posted March 10, 2010 by Various

As communities in Haiti and Chile recover from the damage of recent quakes, The kNOw writers share how family and loved ones become a priority in the wake of natural disasters. Life After Disaster Wow. To be honest, this is hard to write about because it is scary to me. It makes me speechless. Yes, […]

Full Story »

Safe-Zone-Parents-Argue
A Day in the Life

Safe Zone Report: When Parents Argue

Posted March 9, 2010 by The kNOw

Twenty-two youth attended the forum, ten of whom were guests invited by youth from The Know. In a brief survey conducted during the forum:

Full Story »

march4dayofaction2
College

“Students United Will Never Be Divided”

Posted March 5, 2010 by Dasen Thao

I am a freshman at California State University, Fresno. On March 4, 2010, I joined hundreds of other people in a march to advocate for better higher education and stop the budget cuts in our state.

Full Story »

Community

I Dis/Agree That Fresno Is The Drunkest City: Youth Views On A New Social Label

Posted February 9, 2010 by Various

A health magazine recently identified Fresno as the drunkest city in the United States, based on death rates from alcoholic liver disease, alcohol-related car accidents, binge-drinking in the past month, DUI arrests, and DUI penalties. Youth from The kNOw had a mixed-bag opinion about whether this new label was right or wrong. When People Get […]

Full Story »

walktoschool_arena
Photography

PhotoVoice Of My Community By Arena

Posted December 16, 2009 by Arena Phaphilom

This is a picture of the backside of a crosswalk sign near a school. This particular sign has tagging all over it. Youth, like those pictured in the background, see tagging and graffiti everyday, on just about everything.

Full Story »