Daniella
Communities

VIDEO: Merced youth show their neighborhoods

Posted February 14, 2012 by The kNOw

Alyssa, Angel and Daniella live in Merced. In this video, they show what their neighborhoods are like, and what they think should change to make them healthier places to live.

Full Story »

school supplies
Communities

English Learning Programs

Posted February 13, 2012 by The kNOw

For as long as I can remember, my family and I lived in neighborhoods with either my relatives or other Hmong families as my neighbors. As a child, I grew up learning my native language and not knowing how to speak English well. I remember being in a group of students who were English learners and we all had these little packets with a book, writing utensils and tiny gifts.

Full Story »

KONICA MINOLTA DIGITAL CAMERA
Communities

When Family Gets Locked Up

Posted February 1, 2012 by The kNOw

My uncle is in prison. Talking about the prison system and about him being locked up is pretty hard. He might not even know I am writing about him.

Full Story »

EricJamesBorges
Communities

Gay Teen’s Death A Wake Up Call

Posted January 26, 2012 by The kNOw

Recently all of us at The kNOw took the time to discuss the death of Eric Borges and the issues he faced that might have led him to take his life when he was only 19. Borges, whose funeral was held this week, was a member of the LGBTQ (Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender Questioning) community and consequently was bullied quite often for it.

Full Story »

Screen shot 2011-10-27 at 3.56.14 PM
Communities

This year, Fair brings Kiddie Land

Posted October 27, 2011 by The kNOw

Each year, there’s always something new at The Big Fresno Fair. This year, there was Kiddie Land – but ride prices also increased.

Full Story »