EricPayne
Communities

Eric Payne: Community Gardens

Posted February 22, 2012 by The kNOw

In this video clip, Eric Payne talks about youth involvement in community gardens.

Full Story »

A demonstrator shows support for breast exams at a Planned Parenthood rally last year. Photo by Women's eNews. Creative Commons, some rights reserved.
Communities

Susan G. Komen Backlash

Posted February 16, 2012 by The kNOw

For the past 5 years, the Susan G. Komen foundation (responsible for breast cancer research and awareness) has provided funding to Planned Parenthood. The funding provided breast examinations to low-income patients.

Full Story »

Daniella
Communities

VIDEO: Merced youth show their neighborhoods

Posted February 14, 2012 by The kNOw

Alyssa, Angel and Daniella live in Merced. In this video, they show what their neighborhoods are like, and what they think should change to make them healthier places to live.

Full Story »

school supplies
Communities

English Learning Programs

Posted February 13, 2012 by The kNOw

For as long as I can remember, my family and I lived in neighborhoods with either my relatives or other Hmong families as my neighbors. As a child, I grew up learning my native language and not knowing how to speak English well. I remember being in a group of students who were English learners and we all had these little packets with a book, writing utensils and tiny gifts.

Full Story »

KONICA MINOLTA DIGITAL CAMERA
Communities

When Family Gets Locked Up

Posted February 1, 2012 by The kNOw

My uncle is in prison. Talking about the prison system and about him being locked up is pretty hard. He might not even know I am writing about him.

Full Story »